Functional secondary spark plug leads are critical to the performance of all natural gas fueled engines. Assuring a high level of performance and reliable service from these critical components and delivering them to the user in a package that allows for cost-effective, simple maintenance by the operator delivers solid customer value. The Flashguard 2.0 Secondary Spark Plug Lead System builds on the technically and commercially successful Flashguard lead program by adding the ability of the user or the local Distributor/Dealer to fully rebuild the lead in the field. Incorporating custom Teflon extensions—including special extensions for the Caterpillar 3300 and 3400 and others—multiple wire styles, a range of primary and secondary connections, and an assortment of lead accessories, a user can cost-effectively specify a lead for manufacture by their local Distributor or locally by their own personnel. In either case, the Distributor/Dealer or the user can service/rebuild the leads when necessary with moderately priced, easily installed replacement components, including new O-rings, wires, boots, or grommets/ terminal pins acquired directly from the Distributor’s inventory or their own. For the gas engine operator, this approach offers accessibility, reliability, and the performance that are critical to minimize downtime, while driving the necessary cost-control and serviceability that are so crucial to 21st century operation.
- Customizable secondary spark plug solution for natural gas-fueled engines
- Designed for reduced maintenance cost and in-field rebuild-ability by the user
- Wide range of available wire styles, Teflon extension lengths, coil connections, extender connections (crimp-style or screw-in SAE adaptor), and other accessories allows for the lead design, form factor, and cost to be designed and built for the individual application
- Integrated resistors for RFI suppression
- Special extensions available for various OEM applications including Caterpillar 3300/3400 and Waukesha VHP
- Users can purchase finished leads from their Distributor/Dealer or build and service the lead themselves using standard Flashguard 2.0 lead components