The Altronic ActuCOM R8 represents the next step in on-engine, integrated speed control for operators of natural gas-fueled engines. While also suitable for service as an actuation device for a third-party engine governing control system or PLC, the ActuCOM R8 can be applied as a smart actuator for virtually any appropriate engine, compressor, or pump-related function currently managed by an alternative solution, including wastegates, restrictors, and louver controls. Housed in a robust, machined aluminum assembly, the ActuCOM R8 is built for long-term, reliable service in demanding physical environments. It is designed as a convenient, drop-in replacement for a number of competitive, integrated gas engine governor modules and associated wiring harnesses. In many cases, simply transferring the key parameters from the existing controller to the ActuCOM R8 and plugging in the harness is often all that is required for the ActuCOM R8 to be properly setup and commissioned for service. For new installations seeking a reduced level of maintenance and/or improved control, the simple installation and configuration of the ActuCOM R8 is assured through the incorporation of a universal mounting system, an integral splined shaft, a low power consumption requirement, and the included system Terminal Program.
- State-of-the-art actuation and speed control for industrial engines n Can be applied as a full-featured, self-contained gas engine speed governor or as a smart actuator
- Fully compatible with many existing alternative speed control solutions
- Incorporates a brushless motor for smooth operation and control
- Includes a configurable alarm and shutdown functions
- Features a unique, replaceable electronic “back plate” assuring simple, cost-effective on-engine service
- Configured and adjusted using a simple, no-cost terminal program
- Supports ModBus RS-485 communications as well as setpoint control from third-party devices
- Certified — Class I, Division 2, Groups C and D hazardous areas.