Altronic VNG is a self-powered, low-tension, capacitor discharge ignition system for 2 to 6 cylinder, 2 or 4-cycle engines. The Altronic VNG unit can be furnished with any number of output channels between 2 and 6. For 4-cycle applications, a choice is offered of units using the exhaust stroke firing principle or units firing on the compression stroke only. Altronic VNG has internal timing pick-up coils combined with Altronic’s proven 8-pole permanent magnet alternator to give high output at low engine cranking speeds. The electronic circuit has a minimum of components for maximum reliability, and all are mounted on the unit’s removable back cover for ease of service. The combination alternator/timing-distribution unit design allows for a simple installation, directly replacing high and low-tension, breaker-type magnetos. A wiring harness and one ignition coil per cylinder complete the system. Options available for the Altronic VNG ignition system includes long spark duration coils to allow the user to customize the system to his particular application requirements.
- Eliminates magneto, breaker points and impulse coupling
- Capacitor discharge electronic ignition n Alternator unit with self-contained timing and distribution
- Extended spark plug life n Superior ignition performance
- Easy to service – plug-in modules and removable back cover
- CSA-certified for Class I, Division 2, Group D hazardous areas